Autumn 2018 Wildlife & Birdwatching Half-Day Special For 2: Half-Price for 2nd Guest
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Noosa, Queensland
- Product code: BWHD Special
The UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Reserve is a unique area where tropical and temperate zones overlap, provides varied ecosystems including Mangroves, Wallum, Wet and Dry Eucalypt forests and Rainforests. 40% of Australia’s bird species are found in this area, some 304 species including Migratory wader species. Typically 50 species and more can be located in one day. This region of Australia's Nature Coast provides a diverse and ancient landscape rich in plant and animal species, culturally and historically significant to the Aboriginal people.
Wildlife & Birdwatching tours include some short walks and can be conducted at a pace to suit your interest and concentrate on locating as many species as possible across various habitats.
- Scarlet Honey-eater
- Eastern osprey
- Variegated fairy-wren
- Pale-headed rosella
- Eastern whipbird
- Little wattlebird
- Royal spoonbill
- Short, tranquil, easy walks
- Ample opportunity to photograph and observe flora and fauna in their natural habitat
- Professional interpretation of the flora, fauna and history of the region
- Enjoy your tour, leave the worry of navigation to your guide.
- 6 – 8 locations with short easy walk
- Easy pace
- Delicious, locally sourced morning tea
- Small, personalised groups - min 1 max 6
- Daily departures
- Departs at 7am
- Returns at 1pm
- Complimentary transfers from Noosa Accommodation from 7am
- Guests in accommodations in other areas: Meet at Noosa Junction Bus Station, Sunshine Beach Road, Noosa Junction. Free parking in carpark at rear. Pick up time: at 6:45 am.
- Standard Fare: $125 per Guest (15+ y/o)
- Special Fare: $187.50 for 2 guests (15+ y/o)
- Special Fare Purchase Period: 01 April 2018 - 31 May 2018
- Special Fare Travel Period: 02 April 2018 - 31 May 2018
Charters are available for larger group or families with children under 15 y/o.